Thursday, August 30, 2007

The End of the Whole Mess

My Friends,

How be it, all? The Cold Mountain series has flopped on me. I'm sorry to say it because I was having so much fun with it. But, unfortunately, the story I thought I had in my head, evaporated and a new one took its place. I'm working on a new novel now, and it has taken most of my attention the past couple of days, besides moving to our new house, of course. Ice Mountain, the story of a mother risking her own life to save her son from an evil dragon, has ended at Part 8, and may never be completed. It's sad...but at the present time I can't think of where to go with it. Time to move on.

And moving on, I will be posting a first sentence assignment here in a couple days, after the move. Either Monday or Tuesday will be the best time to come back and see what the first sentence is. I don't want to waste any of your time, and I won't. So, we'll see you either Monday or Tuesday. Until then...keep kicking ass! Keep writing!

Later.

4 comments:

Fab said...

Sad to hear the story ends here. But maybe someday, you will feel the need to finish it, or use it in an other story. Let the muses guide you during the writing process of your new novel.

Charles Gramlich said...

You'll have to tell us a bit about your new work. At sometime perhaps you'll get back to Ice Mountain.

LoveRundle said...

Sometimes that's how the tables turn. Who knows, in a couple of months or even a year from now, you'll go back and read it and it will just spark to life again.

RK Sterling said...

It happens. Unfortunately for me, it happens quite a lot.

Good luck with your next one. :)